Raktashali Red rice रक्तशाली लाल तांदूळ
₹98.00 – ₹179.00
1 Red Rice that is surprisingly great for blood, treatment, lactation as well as for Immunity:
Raktashali rice is an ancient variety Red rice. The name ‘Rakhta’ means ‘blood’ and this rice is dark red in colour. In Ayurveda, Raktashali rice is considered as Trisdoshara – i..e it pacifies all three dosh Vata, Pitta & Kapha in our body.
It contains higher amounts of iron and is very good for blood purification and also for blood production. Most Ayurvedic doctors recommend this for any issue related to blood.
It has Low GI and is beneficial even for Diabetic patients.
It is also good for Heart, Blood pressure and other Lifestyle related issues.
It helps in fat loss and keeps our skin and hair healthy.
It is especially beneficial to promote lactation. This red rice is to be had with fenugreek seeds and salt or with a sweetener for increasing milk.
It is also known to treat uterus issues, gastrointestinal issues, skin issues & allergies, and disorders of nerve, kidney and liver.
This red rice is also beneficial for recovering after a hectic day or stress caused by months of physical work. In some villages of Kerala, during the resting month known as ‘Karikada month’, the farmers consume concoctions and herbs for recovery and building immunity. Also, Ayurvedic centers in Kerala, include this rice in their medicinal kit.
1. Pacifies all three dosh Vata, Pitta & Kapha in our body.
2. Rich in Iron
3. Promotes Blood purification & blood production
4. Low GI & Beneficial for Diabetes patients
5. Good for Heart, Blood pressure and other Lifestyle related issues.
6. Promotes Lactation in Nursing Mothers
7. Helps in Uterus issues,
8. Helps in Gastrointestinal issues,
9. Helps in Skin issues & allergies,
10. Helps in disorders of nerve, kidney and liver.
11. Helps to recover from Stress
How to cook raktashali rice?
Due to high fibre, this rice requires more water than usual. We found a ratio of 3:1 works well. But, you may experiment and decide as per your liking.
Wash the rice gently 1-2 times so that dust/dirt separates. Soak this rice in water for at least 5 hours. Do not discard the water that is used for soaking.
Boil preferably using a mud pot/stone pot/brass pot/ traditional Indian cooking pot. If nothing is available, then a steel pot will do. Cook on low flame. Put warm water, if needed while cooking. Avoid using a pressure cooker to get maximum nutrients.
How can one incorporate in daily diet?
There is no limit to what all can be made with Raktashali rice. Some of the items that we found delicious and wholesome are as follows:
- Dosa, Idli, Ghavane, Neer Dosai
- Cooked rice, Pulav, Sticky biryani,
- Rice ladoo, Jaggery kheer,
- Ambil (Porridge)
Our rice is grown by our tribal farmer from Interior Satara. No chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides or anything is used in cultivation. Only Cow dung and cow urine-based homemade preparations are used in cultivation.
Read more on Raktashali rice in the below link:
- Also compare Raktashali Red rice with Black Chak Hao rice in below link:
- Black rice | Chak Hao rice | काळा तांदूळ – Sarkhot Natural Farms
0.5 Kg, 1 Kg, 250 gm