Desi Khandsari | Unsulphured Sugar देसी खांडसरी
₹68.00 – ₹119.00
Desi 𝐊𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐢 is a traditional Indian sweetener or Indian sugar. It is also known as unsulphured first raw Natural Sugar which is a replacement for your table sugar / refined sugar.
How is it different from White / Refined Sugar?
SNF Desi Khandsari is Unsulphured and prepared in small batches. There is no chemical used in the preparation of Desi Khandsari. It is alkaline / cool in nature. It is good to have in place of Jaggery when body heat increases or when the climate is hot.
In White / Refined sugar, harmful chemicals such as sulfur dioxide, phosphoric acid, calcium hydroxide, and activated carbon are used. Hence it is stripped of all the nutrition and thus becomes a slow poison for the body. Refined sugar is one of the key reasons for the increase in Lifestyle related diseases such as Diabetes, Blood pressure, Obesity, Thyroid, PCOD, PCOS etc. in people.
Where to use it?
Use at all places where you have been using White sugar / refined Sugar.
Use in kheer, sweet lassi, Tea or in any recipe where you want to replacement for refined sugar.
Milk doesn’t coagulate when you use Desi Khandsari. Thus, instead of jaggery, Desi Khand is a better option for using along with milk.
How is SNF Khandsari made?
- 100% Naturally grown sugarcane is crushed and fresh sugarcane juice is collected.
- This juice is boiled in Iron Pans.
- To remove the impurities, present in the juice, a local herb named ‘Sukhlai’ is used. Sukhlai is a natural cleanser. Traditionally, Sukhlai is pounded and kept in water. This water is then added to the boiling sugarcane juice.
- The impurities from the juice start to collect at the top of the Iron pan in the form of whitish foam. This foam is removed from the boiling juice, thus making the juice clean.
- On further boiling, the sugarcane juice turns into thick liquid also known as Liquid Jaggery (Raab / Kakvi).
- Liquid jaggery is collected and put in a container where circular blades are moved at slow RPM. This process continues till the texture of liquid jaggery becomes thick coarse liquid.
- This thick coarse liquid is then put in a vertical container where the moving blades separate out the crystals from the liquid. The crystals collected are the Desi Khandsari.
- Desi Khandsari, thus doesn’t undergo any chemical process and the most important thing to note is that though it while Sugarcane and jaggery are both hot in nature, Desi khandsari is cool in nature.
Store in cool and dry place.
As there is no chemical used in its preparation, over a period, SNF Khandsari may smell like fermented sugarcane juice. In such a case, keep it in an open place either under the fan or in Indirect Sunlight and the smell will go away.
Dofollow below link for more information:
Khandsari & Jaggery: Ditch Sugar For The ‘Desi Khand’ and Enjoy Its Amazing Benefits (news18.com)
Also refer below link on Desi Dhaga Misri:
0.5 Kg, 1 Kg